Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Connections - PC/dtv?

• Please log in to reply

Kindle

Kindle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I've been trying to upgrade my computer, and have noticed that even though I thought my monitor was good, it seems the times have changed, and it's nothing compared to the new ones.

I just recently purchased an HDTV, which has a pc/dtv input on the back. I've never heard of this, and am not sure how good it is. There are two other monitor connections that I know of, vga and dvi right? dvi being better because it is digital.

My question really, is if I would like really good quality, is it better to try and find a pc/dtv cable, or buy a new monitor (which would be dvi right?).

I'm not sure if this would change anything, however my video card is a Radeon 9800xt. I really should upgrade this as well, if anyone could recommend a good one for gaming which isn't all to expensive :)

Thank you!

Advertisements