Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errors with non faulty RAM stick

• Please log in to reply

BlackSwordsman01

BlackSwordsman01

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought a new stick of Corsair PC2-6400 RAM for my PC. This is my 3rd 1gb stick of ram I'm trying to put into my PC. My computer is running a ASUStek 650i SLI mother board. The computer will boot normally and the RAM is recognized by my system. After awhile my PC started to freeze and restart. So I ran memtest and saw that it had some errors. So I thought it was a bad stick of RAM, but I tested the RAM on my brothers computer and ran memtest and it got no errors. So obviously the RAM is fine and there is something with my system which is getting errors. I tried upping the voltage from originally 2.0 to 2.1 and 2.15 but the PC just froze faster then it did before. I tried lowering the voltage to 1.85 but it wouldn't even boot all the way. I tried putting the stick into another slot but I still have the same problem. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

BlackSwordsman01

BlackSwordsman01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
to add insult to injury, I powered down my PC and removed the RAM stick and set my voltage to what it was before tampering. Now vista wont boot up fully, I get passed teh loading screen and it tells me to choose how to boot up either in safe mode, etc. After that I see the mouse cursor show up and am able to move it for a little before it just shuts down. The Fans spin, the BIOS load up fine and I tried setting everything to default but it would just restart on me right before loading up windows again.

Edited by BlackSwordsman01, 31 May 2008 - 12:39 PM.