Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply

sshake1

sshake1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My laptop keeps crashing at random times. I got a warning a few days ago from my anti-virus about a trojan called Tcad-Crypted. It said it was isolated and removed and it worked fine for a few days after that, so I'm not sure it's even related. But now it will crash after just a few minutes on or a few hours, it's completely random and very frustrating. It will flash to a blue screen with a lot of text for just a few seconds. The only line I've managed to catch reads "session3_initialization_failed." After displaying this for a second the computer restarts. After it boots up again I get a warning saying "could not connect to the Session Control Manager Unspecified Error. What does this mean? Help me please. I feel like throwing my computer out the window every time it crashes.

Advertisements

star94

star94

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Your computer is really in trouble :)

Tcad-Crypted is a trojan

when your computer starts..try these steps

first, many unwanted files results in system crash..

go to control panel, then ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS...

uninstall the unwanted softwares..there must a free space

then keep deleting files, keep the recycle bin empty :)

http://onecare.live....e/pcfreezes.htm

Use Error Reporting

The Error Reporting feature gives you the ability to notify Microsoft when an error occurs. Microsoft then uses this information to provide you with troubleshooting information, workarounds, or updates for your specific problem. When enabled, Error Reporting monitors your computer for faults that affect Windows and the various programs you are running.

To turn on Error Reporting:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel (and in Category View, click Performance and Maintenance), then click System.

2. Click the Advanced tab, then click Error Reporting.

3. In the Error Reporting dialog box, select Enable error reporting, and make sure the Windows operating system and Programs check boxes are selected.

4. Click OK.

Get a free PC scan!

Find and fix safety and health issues on your PC now.
Full Scan
What does it mean?

encryption
Encoding electronic information in such a way that it is unreadable to all but those possessing the key to the code.

security update
A broadly released fix for a product-specific, security-related vulnerability.

When an error occurs, Error Reporting does two things:

· You will see a message stating that Windows XP Professional detected a problem. You can click Report this Problem or Don't Report, or you can click the words “click here” to see the information that will be sent to Microsoft. Error reporting does not gather or send your personal information; only information relating to the specific error is sent to Microsoft.

· If you click Report this Problem, Error Reporting sends the error report anonymously to Microsoft using an encrypted, secure Internet connection. You might be prompted to provide additional information to complete your error report. When the process is complete, you can click More Information, which may direct you to updated drivers, patches, or Microsoft Knowledge Base articles.

Use System Restore to roll your system back to a good state

System Restore, a feature available in Windows XP and Windows ME, monitors changes to your PC and automatically creates restore points. If a problem occurs, you can use System Restore to roll back your computer to a previous state (one in which you know everything was working fine) without losing your personal data files, such as Microsoft Word documents, Internet Explorer Favorites, or e-mail.

System Restore creates restore points daily and at the time of significant system events (such as when an application or driver is installed). You can also create and name your own restore points at any time.

The System Restore Wizard guides you through the steps of each task in System Restore. To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

Here’s a brief look at what to expect when you run the wizard: