Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to take backup for laptop/Notebook

• Please log in to reply

Mobi

Mobi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi guys,

How are you?

Again I need some of your expert opinion on taking backup for laptop users.

We have four/five laptops users who belong to the top management :)

I have pointed out that there must be some security control for the laptop user. For this we are planning the following

1. Implementing the EFS (Encrypted File System) on the laptops so in case if the system gets lost or stolen the data will not be availbale to the unauthorized user

2. Taking automated backup for the Laptop users on the daily basis, and full backup on the weekly basis.

Now I need your help regarding the second solution.

(a)I want that the laptops users should not be prompted or interrupted (management you know) and the backup activity perform the backup in the backup ground.

(b) It can safe the status whenever the user get log off or disconnect form out network, so that whenever the user come and gets connected to the network the backup will be started form the last state.

Please give me your opinion how and which software to use for this purpose, keeping in mind the cost\benefit analysis.

Thanks

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Well i sort of have the same setup as you (but at home) and for the backup i have a network drive

What i would recomend doing is purchasing a copy of SmartSync Pro
Once set up, this program can be set to run on file change or at startup or shutdown or specific times of the day, runs quietly in the background with no anoying popups and isnt a RAM hoger either.

SmartSync Pro is a universal full-featured solution to back up and synchronize data to the local drive, external Flash/USB/ZIP drive, CD/DVD, NAS, network volumes or even remote computer.

Download the 30 Day tiral and see if its fixes your problem

SpuD