Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1 minute auto-refreshing & audible alert?

• Please log in to reply

halley3

halley3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

As an individual investor....I monitor the following webpage for public company buybacks of their stock:

http://www.businessw...ct/?vnsId=31351

Is there a way to readjust the setting of my webbrowser so that this page refreshes continuously in the shortest timeframe possible?

Also....is there a way to do an audible alert when a new news article on this page appears?

Thanks for your consideration,
-h

Edited by halley3, 03 June 2008 - 10:43 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Would this be of any help? Auto-Refresh Tool

Here's an auto-refresh add-on for the Maxthion Browser: Auto-Refresh 2.5. Not sure if it adds the button to toggle on/off the auto-refresh button or not. Will have to try it as I use maxthon instead of IE for the Micosoft update site.

Didn't say anything about setting up an audible alert though.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 03 June 2008 - 10:58 AM.

halley3

halley3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Re: Auto-Refresh tool

Nice simple device....no audio alert....but at least it's quick.

Thanks.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Yo're welcome. Glad it is working out for you. Too bad the software doesn't have an Option setting to use a sound wave for an alert. Seems simple enough to put in. :)

Ron