Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! My Graphics and Monitor settings are missing

• Please log in to reply

Desire 66

Desire 66

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Following the removal and cleanup from a virus, my computer graphics are messed up. In addition to being very laggy and skippy when I scroll, the screen flickers terribly. An attempt to reset the refresh rate proved futile, as only the default monitor is listed in the Display property settings. I checked in Device Manager and don't even have a link for monitors. It's like it's just...gone!

I have S3Graphics, ProSavage DDR, but can't find it. It's still listed in programs when I look in control panel, add remove programs. And in Driver Detective, my monitor and graphics card show as "unplugged" items.

It's been years since the graphics was installed, so I don't have the software to reload. What can I do to fix this? Please help! Thanks so much :)

Advertisements