Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue "Computer Is Infested" Desktop Screen Spyware... [CLOSE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

_SmooV_

_SmooV_

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all...I'm new to this website, and I'm completely confident that I know VERY little about most spyware/malware/computers period...

I do, however, seem to have issues with my computer right now, and there are a few things I've noticed whilst looking through that bother me quite a bit...

The main problem, of course, is the sudden change from my regular desktop background to a large blue screen that "warns" me about spyware on my computer (ironic, right?)...in addition to this change, I've been getting notifications in my taskbar tray telling me at least 4 variations of the same thing...my task manager has been disabled by the Administrator, even though I, the Administrator, don't recall doing so...and of course, this is all causing my computer to run a little slow...

So far, the steps I've taken are as follows:

*Tried to fix the Disabled Task Manager issue by editing the registry (somehow it disables itself again immediately)
*Tried fixing virus with Symantec Antivirus program (fixes other viruses, doesn't solve my problem)
*Tried running Spybot, SpyGuard, VundoFix and Spyware Blaster (same issue, except Spybot, will discuss)
*All of this was done while running the computer in Safe Mode with Networking...

While looking through the computer, as aforementioned, I've noticed a few things:

*In my Add/Remove Programs list, I see something called Enhancement Browser Tools Gooochi...
*Browsing through my system32 folder, there's a file called VBPDTVDP.EXE with a suspicious description, which I later discovered is a VERY BAD executable file...
*Running the Spybot S&D program, it detected 20000+ entries of something called Win32.Agent.cmn...I had stop the scan manually, because the number of entries was rising incessantly...

So far, I've managed to delete the malicious VBPDTVDP.EXE file by first using the Kill Process button in the Process Manager tool coupled within the HiJackThis program...this is my FIRST time ever using this program, but while doing research on various issues today, I've noticed that alot of people were using this and it's system logs in order to help fix the problems, so I thought "Hey, why not"...

Anyways, what I HAVEN'T done is download the other two programs in the Welcoming tutorial in this section of the forum, because, for one, this virus is trying to get me to download spyware/virus removal programs itself, and that's made me even more cautious about exactly what I put on this computer...however, if I get the okay from one of you, I'd definitely download them :)...

Can anyone help me out, tho?...and should I start by posting a logfile from HJT?...

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Lol...upon review of this forum, it seems my problem may have become a pandemic...

Edited by _SmooV_, 04 June 2008 - 03:07 PM.

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hello _SmooV_, my name is fenzodahl512 and welcome to Geekstogo.. Please do the following..

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) from HERE or HERE and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • Please let your firewall allow the scanning/downloading process.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
If you are using Vista, you need to right-click at dss.exe icon and choose Run as Administrator

Regards
fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.