Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless or Wired Router

• Please log in to reply

hc6700

hc6700

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I live in an apartment building and have been targeted by someone that is trying to hack into my small home network. I have a Cable Modem and a Linksys Wireless N Router. I have a desktop that is hard wired to the router and a laptop that connects wirelessly. But since I started having problems with someone trying to hack into my home network, I no longer connect wirelessly with my laptop, I connect it with a hard wire.
My question is, as long as I'm hard wiring both my desktop and my laptop to my router, should I use a wired router, instead of my wireless router. In other words, if I'm using hard wire connections, does a wired router give more security than a wireless router, or does it make no difference.
thanks
hc

Edited by hc6700, 04 June 2008 - 04:08 PM.

Advertisements