Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system will not respond after inactivity

• Please log in to reply

Thefailure

Thefailure

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,
I am having an odd issue with my system. I bought it about 8 months ago and after about 6 months noticed that if I left the system on and was away from the system for a long period of time 6hours+ occasionally it would lock up. No response from keyboard or mouse input, screen stays dark. After shutting down by holding the power button down the system would not reboot till having at least 10 minutes of rest. I figured it was the power supply and just shut the system down when I was done using it. The power supply had another issue lately so I swapped in a newer power supply with higher wattage and am having the same problem.

System specs:
vista 64 home premium sp1
Sigma Gaming Orca Mid-Tower 400W Case
ocz 700W power supply
intel core2 duo E6750 2.66 ghz
arctic cooling freezer 7 pro intell
asus p5ne sli nforce 650 MB
evga geforce 8800gt 512
Edit/Delete Message

System normally runs at 40 degrees or less

Edited by Thefailure, 05 June 2008 - 06:50 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You might start by checking your power settings in the system BIOS.

Thefailure

Thefailure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK I enabled the ps2 mouse wake function. Everything else seemed ok. What do I need to check exactly?