Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any significant difference in these Graphic Cards?

• Please log in to reply

Intruder_1400

Intruder_1400

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814134037

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130325

I am just doing some research and came across a what seems to be pretty good deal. I am just curious if I should choose on over the other.

Thank you

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
The ECS card does not specify the core and memory clock so I can't say for sure if its overclocked or not.
The only difference I can think of is the warranty.

ECS's Warranty
Warranty Period guarantees against defects in workmanship and manufacturing. The warranty is effective from the date of ECS' original invoice, unless stated otherwise in writing.
- ECS brand Motherboards warranty cover from ECS Invoice 36 months for parts and 24 months for part and labor.
- ECS brand Motherboards with CPU Bundle warranty cover from ECS Invoice 12 months for parts and labor.
- ECS brand VGA Card with NVIDIA Chipset warranty cover from ECS Invoice 36 months for parts and 24 months for part and labor.
- ECS brand VGA Cards with all other Chipset warranty cover from ECS Invoice 12 months for parts and labor.
- ECS brand all other products warranty cover from ECS Invoice 12 months warranty for parts and labor.

EVGA's Warranty
- supports limited lifetime warranty
- they cover any damage to the card as long as it's not physical (i.e. damaged by trying to overclock it too high, or if lightning fries it because it was not protected by a surge protector)

Kamille

Edited by kamille316, 05 June 2008 - 09:10 AM.

Intruder_1400

Intruder_1400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks for the reply
It seems like such a good price, almost too good to be true. It got awesome reviews but no one has it any length of time.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
In addition to the warranty difference, when compared to ECS, the EVGA will be higher quality. The EVGA has a higher core clock speed. Also, EVGA has much better tech support, and the Step-up Program.

It's up to you to decide if these things are worth $55.

(Looking at both prices makes me cringe... I bought the EVGA 8800GTS 512MB the day it came out for $370!)

Edited by stettybet0, 05 June 2008 - 08:38 PM.

Intruder_1400

Intruder_1400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
step it up program sold me. TY