Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The memory could not be "written".

• Please log in to reply

halve

halve

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ah, well. Here it is. The first time I've come and the first time I truly just don't want to format or go back with a system restore, I wanted to see if anyone here could help out.

I can't do much else. See, I was using Avast the other day to search for a pesky little virus that was slowing down my performance, found it, deleted it, was some trojan downloader in my windows directory, said it had infected two other no name files, eh. So, well. I rebooted, and right off the bat, I got a memory write access error for Tor.exe, I don't even have Tor installed anymore, nor should it be attempting to open, but ah. Well. So I get that error now everytime at the login screen, not even logged in yet.

So I continue. Get another read memory error for AIM, and then I open up firefox, I get a third error whenever I try to download Firefox 3 RC2~. I'm confused.

Application popup: tor.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x0022e80a" referenced memory at "0x00000018". The memory could not be "read".

Application popup: Accept Message - APATHETIC: aim.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77c47b79" referenced memory at "0x01170000". The memory could not be "written".

Application popup: firefox.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x0052ab49" referenced memory at "0x7041746d". The memory could not be "written".

So, I did what anyone would do, ran another anti-virus, nothing came up. Ran adaware, nothing came up. Windows Washer, and a ram freeing device, reboot, and same error. Nothing fixed though, just realized I had restore disabled, so I am practically screwed.

Edited by halve, 05 June 2008 - 02:05 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Posting your HJT Log in this section of the forum will just delay your help. Please go to the Malware section of this forum and follow the instructions at the top. Especially the Malware Removal Guides and Tutorials page. That will give you several steps that will help you clean up most of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the cleanup process you are still having difficulty, and you may not be, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Please be patient as the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the Malware Section, please return to this thread. Please do not post a HiJackThis log in this thread unless asked to do so and then only as an attachment. To attach log, when requested, either change the .log extension to .txt, or put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

Please post back if your problem has been solved.

Ron

halve

halve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks Ron, I figured I'd save the hassle of someone having to ask to see the HJT log, and just reply with it.

But no, problem not solved :\

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
No one should ask to see your HJT log in this section of the forum except one of the authorized malware personnel might pick up your thread here to help. Even then, your post may be moved to the malware section.

Only authorized malware personnel who have been through the GTG training can help you with a HJT log. Just post back here letting us know if your problem is solved from that section of the forum. You may have continued problems not related to malware and be directed back here to continue.

Ron