Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Picture Thumbnails wont show

• Please log in to reply

redsox247

redsox247

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys! thanks in advance to anyone that might help me on this frustrating issue i am having.
I have Vista home premium.
The problem i am having is my PICTURE THUMBNAILS wont show up.It shows the "program logo" instead.
I have tried everything even folder options and everything.
I will include my hijack log and maybe some person out there will be able to help me out.

Also another issue well i am here.
Every time i open a folder a new window opens.So when i go into "my documents" then go into another folder and so on,i have like 8 different windows opening. Anyone have any idea how to change it back?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
1.go to folder options
2.then choose view tab at top of window
3.under files and folders make sure option 'always shows icons, never thumbnails' is not checked

Then take a look at this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928572

redsox247

redsox247

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi thanks very much for your input.I did the things you said and it flashed the thumbnail pic for like a second then went back to the same problem as before.Hmmmmm darn Vista

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this isn't so much a vista issue. How many files do you have in the folder?

Lets check permissions on that folder. look for the folder where you have your pictures stored, but don't go into that folder yet. right click on the folder and go to properties...... in fact here's a tutorial: http://www.vistax64....ermissions.html

Look at option 2.

myke

myke

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Don't mean to interrupt, however I had the picture and icon issue in vista myself and found a solution to it by luck. It's possible the same situation may apply??

I found that the problem in my case was being caused by Nero Burning Rom. The newer version of Nero has corrected the issue but I was using an older version and there were 2 DLL's that I needed to renamed to correct the problem. If you think your situation maybe similar and would like me to search for the information I found, and the DLL's that needed to be renamed let me know, I would be happy to help if I am able.

myke

Edited by myke, 07 June 2008 - 10:06 AM.