Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NERO 7 'WaveEditor' Getting "Runtime Library" Error

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
June 7, 2008

Hello Tech-sters;

I am using NERO 7 ULTRA's "WaveEditor" to record and manipulate streaming audio through the soundcard. But I keep running into a 'Runtime Error' which evaporates the entire attempted endeavor.

I launch the app 'WaveEditor', go to 'audio' > 'Record' > and the two dialogs that follow. But I keerp getting this 'Runtime Error' which aborts the process. It reads thus:

Microsoft VISUAL C++ Runtime Library
"X" Runtime Error !
Prog: C:\Program Files\Nero 7\WaveEditor\waveedit.exe
Abnormal Program Termination
Okay.

Hit 'okay' and it dissolves the entire window, back to square one, the desktop.

Any quick fix to remedy this problem ? Tried uninstalling and re-installing, but to no avail. How about a moderately complex solution ??

Help would be much appreciated.

-scottportraits

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try installing the latest updates for nero 7

http://www.nero.com/...ero7-update.php

scottportraits

scottportraits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
June 11

Ouch! The new copy wouldn't recognize my serial number....so I reverted back to the CD I had. Anyway, thanks for that other fix, the vcredit.exe file Re: 'runtime' for Java.
WaveEditor is working well for recording streaming audio through an input line from an analog player. Getting all my old cassettes into digital form for MP3 CDs.

Thanks again,

-scottportraits