Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pages not opening while connection is fine

• Please log in to reply

EagerToLearn

EagerToLearn

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Pages not opening while connection is fine (ieframe.dll/dnserror.)

I have problems with my internet explorer.

Description of problem:

After my computer is on for about more than an hour, the pages just don't open. I refresh by pressing F5, clicking the refresh button, and by pressing enter on the address bar. Sometimes, I get it to work; that's 1 out of 10 or 15 attempts. And when I succeed in opening a page and I download a file form that page, the download speed is the same as always. And that's because my internet connection is working perfectly fine, it's not slowing down or becoming weaker in those moments. I got the Messenger running and Ares downloading, so it's no a connection problem; it's just the internet explorer that gets messed up. I keep getting the error message page as if there were no connection.
I'm suspecting of a virus.

What I've already done:

I regularly delete the temporary files to void long term infection. Resetting my PC partially solves the problem since the pages start playing hard-to-get again after about an hour or so. I don't want to have to restart the computer every time this happens. A friend of mine recommended that I use Safari, I used it and I had the same problem, so now I know that it's not the fact that it's the IE7, the problem will haunt any internet explorer that I use

Here's the I-guess-important data:

When pages don't open I can see this route for a fraction of second in the left of the iexplorer status bar:

Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

I've looked it up on some pages:

Some advise to use RegSeeker, I get the same results with the TuneUp Utilities, but that's as far as I go, I don't know jack about messing with registry files so I never touch a thing of that.

Please help.

Thanx in advance

Advertisements