Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost drivers

• Please log in to reply

wace9178

wace9178

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Alright, i'm a total idiot. I over installed win98 and now i've lost most of my drivers.
monitor depth is messed up, among other things that i'm sure i havent discovered yet.

I have a dell resource cd but dont know exactly how to use it.

Can anyone help me figure out what drivers i need? and how to get them from the cd?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
A better idea is to go to dell.com and download all the latest drivers for your system. Chances are the drivers on your CD are outdated.

You should be able to identify the correct drivers by entering your service tag number.

wace9178

wace9178

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I'm not able to access the internet on the computer in question. Can i download to my wife computer and somehow transfer the info on a floppy or somethin?

wace9178

wace9178

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
or maybe i can use the old drivers onthe resource cd and update when i can get online.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

or maybe i can use the old drivers onthe resource cd and update when i can get online.

Without Internet access that sounds like a good idea. <_< However, I'm affraid I don't know much about loading drivers from a Dell resource CD's. Did you install Windows 98 from a Dell CD?

wace9178

wace9178

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Yes, in overinstalled from the original 98se cd rom. I did not do a fresh install.

Do you think i should start again with a fresh install? Maybe that will correct some of the problems i'm having

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
At this point that would probably be the best idea, as long as you have backups, or no important data to lose.