Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Uninstall Network Printer.

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

At work, I have a PC running Windows Vista Business Edition. I have four network printers installed, all from a print server, and have had them installed for many months. For some reason, my print spooler started dying a few days ago. It would die and then, after a few minutes, would restart itself.

I started uninstalling my printers, one at a time, trying to figure out which one is the culprit for this problem I'm having. As it turns out, it was an Imagistic im8530 multifunction (about a 500 pound printer) machine that I run big reports on such as inventory, etc.. I downloaded the latest drivers from Imagistic (Vista Compatable) but the Print Spooler kept dying every time I tried to run the install. After three or four tries, the driver finally finshed installing. Still, my Print Spooler continues to die. I decided to uninstall the printer.

Every time I click on "Delete", the active window says "Not Responding" and then about ten seconds later the message pops up stating that the printer spooler has died.

Is there any other way to uninstall a printer. Since it's off and on, off and on, all day long, I think this has to be the most annoying problem I've ever had on a PC.

At this time, all other printers are successfully uninstalled.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

This issue has been resolved. I found another driver, installed it on the local machine, and everything is fine now. Earlier, I was trying to remove the printer because it was conflicting. I thought, "If I can just get it to work long enough for me to uninstall it..." However, the new NIC card solved all of the problems. Tomorrow, when I get back to work, I'll reinstall my other printers.

Thanks,

Magus