Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware Terminator

• Please log in to reply

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
I found this application,

Spyware Terminator

It looks promising, but the question is if it's any good? It offers real time protection, automatic updates, scheduled scans, etc. Is there some kind of catch to this program? CNET gave it a good review. All these features just sound to good to be free, don't they?

Edited by Slikkie, 09 June 2008 - 12:35 AM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Personally I don't rate it at all. It used to be on the Rogue Anti-Spyware list as well which is never a good thing

http://www.spywarewa...tm#spyterm_note

I don't imagine it would stand a chance against any bad pieces of malware

Most of us recommend Malware Bytes Anti Malware, you should check that out

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Also, SUPERAntispyware is an excellent program.

Troy

Slikkie

Slikkie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Are there any good, free Antispyware software that offer scheduled scans? I feel much more at ease if I can schedule a scan through every night. That way I know that my PC is always free of malware. I've used both SUPERAntispyware and MalwareBytes, but none offer scheduled scanning options.

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Not that many good freeware security programs that offers scheduled scans.

But instead of Spyware Terminator, I would rather have Windows Defender and SpywareBlaster
from Javacool. Windows Defender have daily scheduled scans available. As far as I remember, its
even set per default. Windows Defender is not that useless anymore. The Microsoft Spynet have existed
for quite some time now, and its beginning to show in Windows Defender's efficiency.

Both Superantispyware and MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-malware) are recommendable.
So if you have the discipline for it, why not initiate the scan yourself? So you are sure
you are using best tools available to you.

Regards Abydos

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows Defender is quite possibly the most useless piece of anti-spyware software I think I've seen in many a while. What happened to this program between Beta 1 and Beta 2 I'll never know because it went right downhill after Beta 2.
Spyware Terminator does find a lot of things that other programs miss. Never a problem.