Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some Graphics Problems.

• Please log in to reply

thehunted

thehunted

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I recently wiped the hard drive on my laptop and have since had some graphical issues with certain games. The problems have manifested as long what I could only describe as daggers bolting across the screen whenever I open the friends tab in WoW, for example. The same thing occurs when I boot up Bf2, I get this similar effect happening at the character choice screen and at BFHQ also. I never had any issues with my laptop prior to the wipe, I have tried all conventional methods to try to rectify this, yet it still persists. I find it perplexing and strange and I hope you guys will be able to help me solve this strange phenomenon occuring in select games (It has not occured in CoH, yet has occured in BF2, WoW and Warhammer and I am yet to test other games for similar glitches) I have already tried reinstalling graphics drivers several times, I have the latest DirectX, I have already downloaded the latest .NET framework and have also tried updating the motherboard chipset drivers and none of these things that would normally cure this sort of thing have made the slightest bit of difference (except for perhaps worsening the glitches) I thank you in advance for your help and I attach the specs of my laptop and a link to some screenshots I took of this glitching. Thanks!

Screenshot 1: Posted ImageScreenshot 2: Posted Image

Acer Aspire 5633WLMi
Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66 GHz
15.4" WXGA Acer Crystalbrite LCD
128MB Nvidia Geforce Go 7300
2GB DDR2
160GB HDD

Edited by thehunted, 10 June 2008 - 03:57 PM.

Advertisements

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Run Microsoft Update (Start > Programs > Microsoft Update)

Choose Custom

Install EVERYTHING AVAILABLE

thehunted

thehunted

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Fortune, tried what you said but has had no effect and the problems still continue. Thanks for your help.

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Ok, then make sure the laptop is properly cooled. if it gets too hot, the VGA can start messing up.