Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with radeon 9800 graphics card

• Please log in to reply

Sketchyterry

Sketchyterry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a problem with my computer. I have a radeon 9800 graphics card and after i thought my hard drive was broken and making a weird sound it suddenly booted up then just before it got to the windows XP loading screen my computer suddenly came up with the message that i had not connected the power to the graphics card. I have once had this problem before and i fixed by using another power connector (my psu had 2 graphics power connectors). I tried using both power adaptors with no luck and it still comes up with this message. I have no idea what to do. Is my PSU broken or the connector. Any help would be fantastic and if you need any more details please ask.

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
i get that some times with my ati 9800 aiw pro. your PSU may be on the way out. as when mine started doing that the psu was on its way out. since i upgraded to a redundant twin 300watt psu i havent had a problem yet and its been a while since it happend.

If you got a good spare PSU hook it up and see if it still cause the problem