Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Menu Problem

• Please log in to reply

Daz3210

Daz3210

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Up until a few days ago when I clicked Start (Windows XP Professional) I got two columns.

In the left hand column I got two lists, the top list was pinned programs, then there was a feint line and then a list of the most commonly used programs.

I guess I must have inadvertantly altered a setting, because now I get the pinned list, then no feint line and no list of commonly used programs.

Anyone know how to restore the lower list?

I have tried looking in properties for that list, but despite it being set to list the six most commonly used programs it doesn't want to work.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Go to Kelly's Korner here. Go to item no. 117 on the left. Click and save the file to your desktop. Double click the new icon on your desktop and answer yes when asked to add to your registry. This process will repair taskbar and start menu problems.