Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting a File

• Please log in to reply

metaphorical_blinders

metaphorical_blinders

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello Geeks!

First of all im not a certified geek and so forgive me for posting a question if it may sound stupid... Well, I just downloaded a Book and its in a Compiled HTML form. I wonder if it's possible to convert it into an Adobe PDF file which I am more familiar.

I hope some geeky angel can shed light to my darkness LOL :)

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello metaphorical_blinders,

You might want to take a look at the following wikipedia page.
http://en.wikipedia....piled_HTML_Help

I believe this page is informative.
If this doesn't provide the information needed I'll take a good look at it myself (I don't have CHM files myself or I would've tried already :) )

Good Luck!

Regards,
Olrik

Bob Simmons

Bob Simmons

• Pip
  • 6 posts
There is a freeware printer drivrer from PDF995 which I havve used for several years which allows you to print anything you want to an Adobe PDF file. After you install the software your computer has a new printer called PDF995. When you select this printer then the software creates the PDF file for you. The free version makes you look at one advertisement each time you print. The PDF995 printer can be downloaded from http://www.pdf995.com/

Once you have installed the PDF995 printer you can use the built-in print feature which comes with CHM files. Choose "Options", then "Print", and then select "Print the selected heading and all subtopics". Then do the printing to the PDF995 print file.

If you already have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer you will not have to installed the free PDF995 software because the Adobe Acrobat comes with its own special printer called "Adobe PDF" which also prints anything to a PDF file.

I hope you find this helpful. Let me know

metaphorical_blinders

metaphorical_blinders

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi Olrik and Bob! Appreciate your inputs thanks! Very informative websites indeed :)

I found the OmniFormat at the pdf995 website which is said to be able to convert HTML to PDF (hopefully).. I am still figuring out what to do.. And praying hard that i will eventually succeed :)

Keeping my fingers crossed,
Rhowena

Edited by metaphorical_blinders, 13 June 2008 - 07:44 AM.

Ningen

Ningen

• Pip
  • 8 posts
go to www.media-convert.com

metaphorical_blinders

metaphorical_blinders

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks ningen; tried it but it says it is unable to convert.. :)

The file is in a winRAR 2 parts (book1 and book2) and it has to extract book1 and book2 together before eventually opening it; i wonder why i cannot save it to a separate folder as one file.. Oh well, i'm getting really tired and depressed of this.. Probably i should just let go, save money and buy the hardbound book instead :)

Thanks guys for all your help!