Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to fix computer

• Please log in to reply

clintonskater14

clintonskater14

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hey guys im getting a computer from a friend of mine because his power went out and the computer wouldnt work when he tried to turn it on, i thought that it got fried and i was wondering how you would fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi and welcome to g2g,

First we need to test to see if the power supply still works. Now on a scale of 1 to 10 how good are you with opening cases up and messing around with the inside?

Soorena

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A good read on diagnosing problems is here.

http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm

SRX660

clintonskater14

clintonskater14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi and welcome to g2g,

First we need to test to see if the power supply still works. Now on a scale of 1 to 10 how good are you with opening cases up and messing around with the inside?

Soorena

ok ill try tht first on a scale of 1 to 10 im probably a 9 because ive made a couple computers and selled them to people for money but ive now decided im gona fix this one and keep it because my dell latitude laptop doesn't cut it wth the things i want.