Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer setup

• Please log in to reply

boo5790

boo5790

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
hi, i have a canon i960 printer, but i didnt have the installation cd for it. i downloaded the driver off the canon website and i managed to install the printer into my computer but i am having a problem getting the settings in the printer correct. when i print a page i am missing some writing on the right side of the paper. i cant seem to get the settings correct so that it all fits on the paper and is the right size. i have windows xp. i am hoping that someone has the same printer and can help me get the settings right. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thank you :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
make sure you downloaded the correct driver for your model of printer as that is often an indication that it's the wrong driver. Also check the paper is loaded properly. The paper should be tight up against the right-hand side of the paper feed tray, with the plastic slider tight up to the left-hand edge of the paper stack.

boo5790

boo5790

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
hi, i downloaded the driver from the canon website. it was the only one that it showed when i put in my windows xp operating system, so i assumed it was the correct one.i always figured that you just had to install a printer and the settings would be already set. i guess i was wrong.