Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new build

• Please log in to reply

clintonskater14

clintonskater14

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hey guys im building a gaming pc and i was making sure that all these things were good for gaming.

MOBO:MSI P45 Neo-F LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
PSU:Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Memory:Kingston HyperX NVIDIA SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

I already have the case, hdd, dvd drive, and i was wondering what a ok graphics card is thats not over $150 but ill buy a better one later down the road when more money is available.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Your build looks pretty good. For the time being, I think this graphics card should more than suffice. People are reporting very good performance for the $$$ on this card.

Cheers

Troy

clintonskater14

clintonskater14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok thanks ill probably get that video card.

And i was wondering is Ultimate worth the extra $$$ or should i just stick with home premium?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi again,

It depends if you need the extra features offered. In all honesty, Vista Home Basic has more than enough for my needs, although you may like to get Vista Home Premium for the extra eye-candy...

You can read about the differences here.

Cheers

Troy