Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Embarq 660 DSL and XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply

mystiksnowangel3

mystiksnowangel3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) I have a embarq 660 DSL and Linksys 5-port Hub connecting my computer and XBox 360 . My problem is that when playing on xbox live my NAT shows STRICT and I want it set to OPEN. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have gone through my firewall on embarq to set service ports and firewall rules but still It is set to STRICT. I have tried to go through ZyXEL but I get stuck on port range to and from (don't want to mess it up,so I stop and cancel)
Also when it gets further along on NAT it wants you to put starting port/ ending port/ and IP address. I have know idea what port starting/ending is for the firewall or NAT so if anyone out there have been through this or knows what they are please give me step-by-step instructions (country girl here) :)

Advertisements

embarq_guy

embarq_guy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It has been quite some time since I used the zytel 660, but here is what I did initially to open up my nat.

login to the 660 by typing: http://192.168.2.1 into your browser.

the default password is 1234. click login.

it will prompt you to change the password. you can do so, or you can click "ignore"

it will ask you if you want to Replace Factory Default Certificate. Click "ignore"

From the Site map / main menu:
Click on "UPnP" under Advance Setup.
Put a check into all 3 boxes. Then click "apply".

you should be able to recheck your nat status on your xbox 360 and it should be open.

you can also play with the firewall setting for port forwarding if you want to get more advanced.

The ports for the xbox are

• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

I hope this helps.