Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware Compatiblity

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Okay, I am looking at getting a few upgrades

A new Video card to extend the life of my current desktop that I know will work.

Now I will have an older ATI AIW 9800 Pro that I was thinking of putting in my power mac g4 along with a cpu upgrade that I know will work.

So will my ATI AIW 9800 Pro work in my mac running Mac OS X 10.4.x? Or should I put my ATI AIW 9800 in my 2nd computer and pull my nVidia geForce 2mmx out of it and put that in the mac instead?

Cause I will be using my mac more and more in the near future which will be graphical intense.

So Yes No? Or just go and get a Mac Video Card which I find so far is 2x to 3x more expensive then the pc variant.

Advertisements