Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

search utility

• Please log in to reply

Technology Virgin

Technology Virgin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi ya all - Im from Australia and my first post so please be kind to me. Ive found the window file search function (XP) to be a dud. Does anyone know of a utility that is better than window one? Also, where I might find it? Thanking you in advance. PS - As my name says "Technology Virgin" which is true but what an awesome site this is. Ive never seen anything like it - Thanks
Darren

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Darren,

Welcome to Geekstogo. What your looking for is called Desktop search. Microsoft has one that I prefer.
http://www.microsoft...ch/default.mspx

Another option is Google desktop search.
http://desktop.google.com/

google does have some privacy issues. Both have to index your system before they are fully operational. Microsoft's desktop search works well, but actually works better with vista.

Technology Virgin

Technology Virgin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
HI Starjax- Thanks heaps - I'll have a look at them both. I have recently got a copy of Turbo Searcher v3.5 which appears o.k but I will have a look at your recommendation. All the very best

Kind Regards
Darren