Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msgsvr32 not responding

• Please log in to reply

Doobious

Doobious

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot install drivers for a USB port or ethernet adapter, as computer hangs-up during installation. Task Manager shows "msgsvr32 not responding". Do I need to re-format hard drive to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would try a refresh first...install windows over itself in the same directory as it is currently installed.

AlexR

AlexR

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Do you have Norton installed by any chance? I also had this problem once with an SB Live! PCI card, so that may be causing the error if you also have one installed.

Edited by AlexR, 28 April 2005 - 08:16 AM.

Doobious

Doobious

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't know how to re-install Windows. I only have quick restore discs that will re-format hard drive, I don't have a Windows disc.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
search your drive for a folder called OPTIONS

c:\options
c:\windows\options

present?