Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows ME display adaptor malfunction

• Please log in to reply

billy lo

billy lo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my system is a pentium 2 running windows ME. whenever i start the windows loading screen is normal but once it gets started it says the adapter has failed, and it reverts to 16 color display.

i tried installing different intel display adapters from opendrivers but none of them work because when i restart the computer it either hangs or it simply doesn't work.

the problem started when the monitor and cpu wouldn't start in sync and i had to restart the computer several times in a row. can anyone help? thanks.

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Turn the monitor on first-then the computer.

Go to windows update-custom scan and look in the hardware finds for updates.
Install the updates.

Most of these 'driver sites' are not reliable imo.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What brand of machine is it? Go to the website page for your model and download the correct drivers, and make sure you get any chipset drivers if they are needed. Sometimes they contain the video and USB drivers.