Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1200-1300 USD range to spend on a pc

• Please log in to reply

Soul16

Soul16

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm looking to build a PC for somewhere in the 1200-1300 range. My current PC is from the stone age and I finally decided to put some money into it. I'll be using it for gaming, and occasional photo/video editing, and of course daily use.

I already have a monitor, speakers, printer, mouse, and keyboard, and was thinking of going with 64-bit Vista (good idea?)

I want to go Intel because I've heard good things, and was thinking maybe a quad core? I was also thinking Nvidia for the graphics card.

:)
-Soul

Edited by Soul16, 15 June 2008 - 10:50 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Yes, I think Vista 64-bit is a good idea. I have selected it for you, amongst other components for you to peruse and comment on. Depending on how serious you intend on using this for gaming, it may need a slight re-working of components to include a more powerful graphics card. The 9600GT is an excellent performer for the price, but not too much more can see some benefits, also.

Case
Motherboard
Graphics card
Power Supply
Processor
RAM
Hard Drive
DVD Burner
Operating System

Let me know what you think of my suggestions! All of this currently comes to less than your budget, but would be a good choice. As mentioned, you could head for a "heavier" graphics card, depending on the games you play. Here may be another option for you.

Cheers

Troy