Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Creating a comic and need programs

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So me and my mate are creating a comic book series, now the idea is he draws it all by hand, then i move it on to the computer, and colour render it all and put it on the web, now ive been looking for a couple of hours and am struggling to find the best program to colour all of the comic book, all it needs to be able to do is import and have a nice big range of options for colouring and filling in. also what would be the best way to get a normal A4 piece of paper onto a program that wont just htink its a whole object but also know where lines are.

Thanks Robin

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Personal opinion here, but i don't think you can go wrong buying Illustrator. Its good because you can use vector graphics for rendering . Vector graphics scale much better than any other method, so you don't lose your quality when you need to downsize for magazine size.

a older version if price is a consideration

New price fro Adobe is $599. But, if you were to buy illustrator 9 for around $100 you could then upgrade to the new version for $199. You will need to check with Adobe on what older version you can still upgrade to CS3 with. I upgraded to iillustrator 10 years ago with a illustrator 8 CD i bought from Ebay.