Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help With Apache PHP/MySql Website

• Please log in to reply

gmanpopinjay

gmanpopinjay

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok Well If You Can Help Me well when I up my Web Server With WAMP which is Basically A PHP Site With MySql in it I Have Downloaded A Perfect Scripted Of All Config Files and I Can View iT on My Browser But Its Just That Others Cant Ive Tried Port Forwarding And Also Firewall on router and comp and windows Firewall But Still No Luck I have Hamachi But I Wanted To No Is There A way So That Other People Can View My Site without Portforwarding Basically I Have My Own Game Server And People Can Connect To It Through Hamchi But is There A Way So That They Can Also View My Website By Having Hamachi On or If Theres Anyway way/Program To Help Me Out Thx Alot ~~ Alex P.S. Will Be Very Happy If Anyone Can Help Me Out =)

Advertisements

gmanpopinjay

gmanpopinjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
40 views 0 posts o.o

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Maybe you can try and rephrase your question in an easier to read fashion?

Not trying to be mean, but I got a headache reading it, only to find out that I didn't have the knowledge to help you, and I can imagine others not even starting to read it.

Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi,

Try not to post with the capital letter at the start of each sentence, it makes reading it hard.

So, you're trying to make your WAMP server accessible remotely.

You need to port forward port 80 to whichever computer you are running the wamp server on. When you go to port forward it, make the hosts IP the static IP address of the computer you are running the WAMP server on.

If you have a dynamic IP address you need to get DynDNS or No-Ip and download their updating client.

Once you've done that, head to your static public IP address, to find out what that is go here. Just copy and paste the IP into your browser.

You won't be able to see it working, so you'll need somebody else to test it. You can still view exactly the same things that they can though, by going to http://localhost

Hopefully you can get that sorted, I had trouble setting my WAMP server up for remote viewing too not too long ago.

Good Luck, if you need any other help, post back :)