Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Ultimate and Ipod/Itunes issue.

• Please log in to reply

ozlurker

ozlurker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having a problem with Vista Ultimate and my Ipod on my brand new PC. I can plug the Ipod in and Vista will detect it and install it as a USB Mass Storage device, then as soon as Itunes starts up and recognises the Ipod I get an exclamation mark next the to the USB Mass Storage Device. Looking into the properties reveals a "Windows is uninstalling this Device...Code 10"

I have tried uninstalling etc but to no avail. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Edited by ozlurker, 22 June 2008 - 03:11 PM.

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hi ozlurker,

Make sure your mobo's bios is up to date. Get all the latest Vista updates as well as Itunes updates.

Regards,

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Summary

Apple recommends that iTunes customers using Windows Vista upgrade to iTunes 7.2 or later.

Right from the Apple page.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1653

Also are you running SP1? Have you checked for other updates?

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=933824

That is for a update when removinga iPod that you can corrupt data. I think there is another one out there as well.

ozlurker

ozlurker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried that patch even though strictly speaking that wasn't my issue but upon trying to apply it I got a message saying it didn't apply to my system or words to that affect. I also installed SP1 and still no change. I am running Itunes 7.6.2.9. I even went so far as to restore the Ipod to its original settings - no change.

I have now since wiped Vista off and gone back to XP and it's working perfectly. I also tried this on my Macbook which I have boot-camped with Vista and the same exact thing happened. My conclusion is that this is totally down to Vista. :)