Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VAIO system recovery stops.

• Please log in to reply

coffeebobx

coffeebobx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I ran Vaio Recovery Wizard. Everything was going smooth until it reached 10% and gave an errr: Stream Reading Error. I clicked okay and it restarted the recovery wizard, but ended up giving the same error. Operating systems will not proceed unless the the wizard reisntalls it. I'm not sure what to do. The system is Sony Vaio VGN-A790. :) :)

Advertisements

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
why were you performing a recovery? Did it have a problem if so what type of problem

coffeebobx

coffeebobx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it did not have any tye of problem. i just wanted it to be back at factory set preferences.

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
This is from the Sony support site concerning this issue
ERROR: Stream Reading error occurs when performing a system recovery on a VAIO® computer

This issue may occur when performing a system recovery on a VAIO® computer. Follow this procedure to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Remove any new memory modules and reinstall the original memory modules that came preinstalled with the computer.
2. Perform a system recovery
3. If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service will be required.