Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Choppy Scrolling/Moving Etc

• Please log in to reply

Normski123

Normski123

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi again, for some reason, I re-installed windows XP and SP2 last night. Now, when I the scroll bar on anything (Like the bar on the left hand side of pages etc) it is really choppy and laggy to move down. It also happens when I try to move a window. Like moving the My Computer window across to the other side of the screen. It is really slow and choppy.
Can anyone help me please?
If you need more information or need me to do something, just tell me.
Thank you. :)

Edited by Normski123, 20 June 2008 - 04:12 PM.

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
You need to install the Video Drivers for your Video Card. That will solve your issues. If you do not know which video card you have there is a program called GPUz which could help. There is also Belarc Advisor, Everest, SiSoftware Sandra among a couple others that can give you the details of hte video card you have.

Cheers,
Mak