Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC recognizes but will not connect to internet via wireless airport ba

• Please log in to reply

lmitchellhumes

lmitchellhumes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My new Lenovo PC recognizes the wireless signal from the airport base station, but will not connect to the internet. I retrieved the 34 character password from the airport admin utility on my Mac (i believe this to be the hex key) but this did not help me; I entered the entire 34 characters (by the way, this does not include the $ symbol that precedes the characters); I also tried entering the first 10 characters only, and then, the firtst 28 characters only, but to no avail. Both Macs in my home office connect to airport with no problems; my PC is equipped with Window Vista. Is the pass phrase the likely problem or could it be my PC? Help.

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
ask the correct channel and encryption method they are using. that could be the problem.