Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is worse than it should be?

• Please log in to reply

sixen98

sixen98

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First off, I have an Inspiron 1520 Laptop and I'm having some optimization issues.

I have the following:

Computer:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU
T7300 @ 2.00 GHz
777 MHz, 2.00 GB of RAM.

System:
Windows XP: service pack 3

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

I have defragmented my hard drive, used ccleaner to clean up, checked my registry for errors, virus scanned, malware, etc. I'm not that experienced, although.

I am having serious CPU, GRAPHIC CARD ISSUES! My friend who bought the same computer the same week as me is getting 50+ more FPS in every game than me. My brothers 4 year old laptop is loading faster and getting better FPS. My load times are horrible, the same as my 1999 desktop and my fps is 10 in games where it should be 70. When i turn EVERY graphic setting on low, i get virtually the same performance as on high. For example I get 8.0 FPS with low settings on world of warcraft.

I'm sorry, I wasn't sure what section of the forum to post this in.

Thank you all for your time! I could use any help!

Advertisements