Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GIGABYTE GA-EP35 DS3R wont Boot

• Please log in to reply

Spqr753

Spqr753

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all. I just built a ssytem with the following components:

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

LIAN LI CR-25A 20-in-1 USB 2.0 Aluminum Card Reader - Retail

ASUS EN8600GT SILENT/HTDP/256M GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail

Thermaltake W0106RU 700W Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version Power Supply - Retail

When it is all put together, the system turns on, but I get no picture on my monitor at all. The phase LEDs on the montherboard (which are supposed to monitor CPU load) are all lit whenever the system is on (should this be so?). I have disconnected everything but the RAM, CPU & HSF, video card, WD hard drive, but still the same thing. I also tried re-seating the CPU - but have the same problem. I removed the CPU, and when I turn the mobo on the LEDs are all lit, which seems weird as the LEDs are supposed to monitor CPU activity. Any suggestions? Anyone know how and when those LEDs are supposed to light up?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Any beeps from the speaker? Is a speaker plugged in?

Have you plugged in the 4-pin 12v connector?

If your graphics card requires an extra connectors (typically 6 pin) is it connected?

Otherwise the symptoms can be a sign of defective power supply, defective board, a stick of memory that's either defective or the board doesn't like, or something else is connected that is holding it up. Plug just the mainboard 24pin and the 12v 4 pin in, see what happens.