Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WC3 Hosting

• Please log in to reply

MetaKay

MetaKay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First of all, Ive added the Program Warcraft 3, The Frozen Throne AND the 6112 port to my exceptions list to my computer's firewall and the port is forwarded on my router (WRT54G Linksys Router) which has Blocked Anonymous internet requests UNchecked and Filter NAT redirection UNchecked with filter Multicast checked. And in the TFT game when i go to Options > Gameplay, the port selected is 6112, the first time i did this, it worked....but only for a few days. When it stopped i noticed that my IP changed from 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.100 and since then, i have not been able to host. I have gone through and changed the appropriate settings to accomodate the new IP (I don't know why it changed, i thought it was "static"). DMZ is enabled, and for my firewall, I have Don't Allow Exceptions UNchecked. So....what else is there? :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
by default the router is set to use dhcp. you have to 1)change it to static and 2)manually configure your ip address on your pc.

You could also try using the dmz option in your router. just enter your pc's ip address in the dmz setting and apply.

jarg1985

jarg1985

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
For me i had to change my ip address to a static one first, then open via my router the 6112 ports, it worked after that there is a complete guide here at this site www.portforward.com under the routers section, it should help alot, just follow the guide.