Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spools...?

• Please log in to reply

dippycheese

dippycheese

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Very recently, my computer has been:

1. Running slow
2. When i go to taskmanager, there is a large number of "spools.exe" there
3. Desktop backround is gone, now just a white backround (not safemode, when i do safemode, my comp just becomes the slowest thing on earth.)
4. On desktop, i can only open IE and any discs i put in(iTunes, and Virus Scanners). The spools thing, when i checked it out thoroughly, this came up: "Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.wtc". \
5.All antivirus (including the ones you had mentioned to download) are shutdown and deactivated the second i try to download/start them.
6. Every time i try to do something, a popup of an undoubted virus comes up saying "you're computer is infected! Download this material now!" (in which i just click continue unprotected."
7.Cannot change anything in the control panel. All "good" popups are blocked, and i keep getting "virus-like" popups.

Any suggestions?
-dippy

Edited by dippycheese, 24 June 2008 - 08:23 AM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I Suspect that you have malware on your machine. I suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik

dippycheese

dippycheese

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
euh... when i tried to download any of those earlier my comp got to finishing the download, then when I tried to run any of them, they didnt run. Suggestions?

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
You need to start a thread in th malware forums,

Post there what you couldn't do and they will get you straightened out.