Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

view program files from start menu

• Please log in to reply

el_jack

el_jack

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I have had this problem for a while. I can go to run prompt(c:\program files) or add/remove programs and view my installed programs. My system had a virus now its removed but my programs are not where I can view them in the start menu. also yesterday and today I manually built adminstration tools and system tools. they were destroyed some how. All I need now is to find away to put the installed programs in the start menu directory so they can be seen and accessed :)

Advertisements

Soulstorm9000

Soulstorm9000

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Try right clicking with your mouse on your green start button then going to 'properties, then 'customise'. I'm not sure what you'd do from there as I've never had to do so myself, so some trial and error may come into play.

I'm quite sure though that this is how you add to or adjust the content of the 'start' menu.

Let me know if this works. If it does.. I'll be well chuffed! I just joined today! :)

Regards,
Soulstorm

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
THis registry fix should get your all programs back. It is from Kelley's XP fixes.

"All Programs" Menu missing

Kelley's fix

Go to Kelley's corner http://www.kellys-ko...m/xp_tweaks.htm THe fix is item 154 on the right. Save to the desktop>right click>merge.

Edited by Old Geezer, 27 June 2008 - 09:08 AM.