Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WOW Installation problem

• Please log in to reply

Herethen

Herethen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so here's the deal. I bought the WOW battle chest today, and I try to install it on my home comp, but I get an error of something like "cannot verify the file common.mpq". So I figure, alright, it's the disc. So I try to install it with the CD's that I had from before, and now I am getting an error of "the file '...' could not be opened in archive '...' because an error 104 occurred". Does anybody have any clue of what on earth is going on?

Advertisements

JangoFett

JangoFett

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I haven't had that problem or heard of it. Have you tried doing a Google search of the "error" itself and see what comes up? Im at work so I cant pull up some of the sites because there blocked by the net nazis, but its something you could try. :)

Edited by JangoFett, 26 June 2008 - 11:13 AM.

JangoFett

JangoFett

• Pip
  • 7 posts
You could also check the Blizz FAQ site too if you already haven't done that?

CKThomas

CKThomas

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I got the battle chest recently and the disk wont run
i already got a replacement and that does the same thing

RudeHades

RudeHades

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Call of Duty games seem to have tons of problems to. All my games come up with autorun, install, and play correctly without conflict, except COD2. After getting on the web and checking out the game, I come to find that there is a ton of people out there having all sorts of problems with this game. Be nice to just go out and buy a game, install it and play it. Instead you have to go through all this BS to get it working.