Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Problem - Slow Startup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

geekstomove

geekstomove

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I am using Win Xp and whenever I start up it, a yellow exlamation mark on Mcafee icon. I belive in that I have problem with my Mcafee. It makes my computer so slow on start up. Whenerever I clık on MY Comptuter to see my local disks , Th screen frezez and begiin to seach for it.. A flashlight runs over time to search.... I am using Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5i version... This has happend after updating virus definitions... I belivee

What is the reason I really wonder? Can you help me about this problem? Thanks...

Advertisements

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
can you list the specs of your computer such as

CPU
RAM
Hard Drive

geekstomove

geekstomove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/26/2008, 03:58:28
Machine name: HP8510049
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Compaq 8510p
BIOS: KBC Version 71.36
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 613MB used, 3324MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

53 GB Local HDD

Edited by geekstomove, 25 June 2008 - 07:01 PM.

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
has it always been like this or when did this start happening. Was it when you installed mcafee?

geekstomove

geekstomove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
At first , Thanks for your reply and for your help...

It is a new laptop.. I dont know what cause it to happen like this. But I have updated virus definitions from mcafee... It was working quite well before.... I dont believ in that I have malware or spyware... I have also updated .NET version 3... Do you think that there may be some conflict?

Thanks...

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Have you checked things like the msconfig to see what startup applications you have? Have you done things like PC Decrapifier to remove the added software from vendors? Personally i dislike McAffee. I have had nothing but issues with them missing viruses and malware. I always recommend people uninstall it and use AVG or Avast. Free alternatives which are much better. But that is a personal opinion.

I have not had any issues with .NET 3.0 running on my machine. So if there is a conflict it would have to be with something like McAffee. Have you checked your event viewer to see if there is any conflicts or errors in there? Could provide some info as well. Maybe a startup service keeps failing.

Cheers,
Mak

geekstomove

geekstomove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Since this computer belongs to my company, I dont want to make significant changes such as uninstalling Mcafee.. There should be a solution to this but how? Althgouh I log on with Admin account It seems that ıt could not recognize me as admin... Beside it gives a pup up warning window like " You can not make changes ATI Control center.. See Administar sthg like that"

I dont know where I have changed something... It may be related with my profile or access rights...

Edited by geekstomove, 27 June 2008 - 07:17 PM.

geekstomove

geekstomove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
How can I post a log file showing my running start up applications? I have found a list of it in a window but I can't copy them... I don't want to write all the things listed one by one...Is there an easy way? I have done PC Decrapifier....

In my Event viewer there is an error like this :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1054
Date: 01.07.2008
Time: 19:44:24
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: HP8510049
Description:
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: AutoEnrollment
Event ID: 15
Date: 02.07.2008
Time: 03:45:27
User: N/A
Description:
Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
Enrollment will not be performed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1517
Time: 06:12:13
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows saved user HP8510049\Administrator registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (52)
Event ID: 4354
Time: 06:12:11
User: N/A
Description:
The COM+ Event System failed to fire the Logoff method on subscription {4C2E468D-2D11-43E9-93C0-327D6BAE597E}-{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}-{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}. The subscriber returned HRESULT 80004005.

Thanks. :)

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Usually, I go to the startup tab of msconfig.msc then disable the startup programs one by one (not the necessary ones though :)). I re-enable them back one by one and see where the problem starts.

Edited by ditrackster, 01 July 2008 - 08:53 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Since this computer belongs to my company, I dont want to make significant changes such as uninstalling Mcafee..

Hello. I'm sure this is a frustrating problem, however we cannot continue to help you with it. From our Terms of Use that you agreed to when you joined:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)