Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics issues on certain games

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
There's a few games that I have that work fine, but a couple minutes into the game, it freezes up, then the next thing I know, it resumes working but the graphics have been horribly screwed up. I have included a photograph of one of the game I have that has this issue occuring (Albatross18), and the specs of my computer following that.

If anyone has any idea on what is the problem with it, as well as a suggestion to fix it, I'd sure appreciate it, as I do not have the money to get myself a new computer or a new graphics card at the moment.

Other games include:
-Disney's Toontown Online (though not very often)
-MapleStory

Computer_issue_001.jpg

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11
Memory (RAM): 512 MB
CPU: AMD Athlon™ Processor
CPU Speed: 1202.3 MHz
Sound card: Envy24 Family Audio (WDM)
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 800 X 600 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4) #3 - Symantec Network Security Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: HITACHI DVD-ROM GD-8000 | E: BTC BCE1610IM
:
COM Ports: COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 55.9GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 6.5GB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
:
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make: KEYSTONE
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 052201 GATEWA 20010522
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: MicroStar MS-6389
Modem: Not detected

Advertisements

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Are the drivers updated? The card itself is also very old (AGP) so it may be time for an upgrade.

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Actually I thought it was running on the NVIDIA graphics card alone. If it's also the AGP card that's running as well, that would definately make sense to update it. I'll do a search for it and see if that's the problem.

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
lol, you dont quite understand. the video card is AGP (accelerated graphics processor)

AGP cards were outdated many years ago by PCI-E cards.

You would need a new mobo to get a PCI-E card

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
while updating nvidia drivers is recommended, I feel that it won't resolve your issue. Your system is probably starting to show its age. WHile you can obtain agp format video cards, it doesn't make sense to invest in them. I would suggest that you consider upgrading your entire computer.

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Well, I appreciate your suggestions. I updated the graphics card, and while the game does run better, it does do the graphical glitch I mentioned before.

As for the computer upgrade suggestion, that was the one thing I wanted to avoid. This is a family computer and my dad might not want to get a new one just yet.

Thanks, though.