Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty Punkbuster - Inadequate o/s privalege

• Please log in to reply

LukeK

LukeK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
On my other computer, I have just recently installed Call of Duty United Offensive. When I try to log into a punkbuster server, it kicks me in seconds displaying the message Inadequate o/s Privaleges. I turned off norton antivirus and Spyware Doctor to see if this would work, but it didn't. I tried running it under my admin account but it didn't work. My guess is that theres some kind of protection that came with my computer that I don't know about? The computer I'm on now works fine in United offensive, but I also built this one and for some reason it isn't very up to date with windows updates, but even though the otehr computer is, it still doesn't work. Any suggestions??

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
This is the executable for Punkbusters Client side AUTO UPDATING using WINDOWS Operating Systems:
http://www.evenbalan...loads/pbweb.exe

Be sure to save the pbweb.exe into the home "pb" folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\pb) on your hard drive and then launch PBWEB.exe. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory/folder, then it will not work.

This is the easiest way to AUTO update Punkbusters from the player/client side. The game server does NOT update ALL of your game files. This way will do that for you!

I would recommend doing this even if your not having problems or if your having 999 problems along with No Packet Flow errors & PB Initialization Failures.

This can take a little while to run........this is typical!

once you've run pbweb you should be ok.

Starjax

Dustbag

Dustbag

• Pip
  • 8 posts
if it still gives you problems you can always reinstall it and get the update again.. because all updates come with fully updated pb on it.. it sometimes can save you alot of trouble.. and unistalling.. installing.. downloading.. updating.. takes about as long as updating the pb.. yes.. its sad.. i know.

Earl42

Earl42

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok i ran that pbweb and it said Error no pb files found at path C:/Documents and settings/test/desktop.Wut do i do

Edited by Earl42, 04 June 2005 - 01:42 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you have to run it from withing the pb folder itself. just go to where you installed the game and there should be a pb folder in the location.

CYB3R

CYB3R

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
this is caused by a bug that messes up ur pc ods privelage thing. Go the pb site and u will find a proggie.

wassx057

wassx057

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i undertstand all the stuff your posting but when i installed cod and then updated to newest patch it didnt give me a pb folder inside my cod. i tried the commands to find my pb folder but it wont work. please help!!!!!!!!!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you launch cod, on the menu screen look at the bottom right corner it should show you what version you are running.

ok, no on a slightly different rant: If you have an illegeal, downloaded copy don't ask for help here. Against our Terms of Service.

Now thats out of the way if you have a legal copy is it the Game of the Year Edition?

LukeK

LukeK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
so yea, back the original purpose of this post . . . none of the stuff that was suggested worked, so I wiped out my hardrive, and windows, just to get this game to work . . . and it did. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

hathawayb

hathawayb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problems on my Gateway VISTA. Did you download and load the 1.51 and 1.51b patches for OU? But from what I under stand, COD OU does not work so good on VISTA!