Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How much do you think this sytem is worth?

• Please log in to reply

flimsyspork

flimsyspork

• Pip
  • 5 posts
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200+ 1.6ghz. overclocked to 1.7 thermaltake heatsink included along with controller
Motherboard: Asus A7N8X (5 PCI, AGP pro, 3 DDR)
Motherboard chipset: Nvidia nforce2 ultra 400
Memory: 1gb (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Video: Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb

hard drive and dvd/cd drive not included

case has 5 fans, 4 drive bays, 2 floppy or whatever else you want to use them for bays.
see through window and cpu/hdd temp control display

system is handy for many things other than gaming and intense graphic editing.

Edited by flimsyspork, 27 June 2008 - 01:23 AM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It is hard to value an older used computer. On one hand it still does it's job and allows the user to browse the internet etc. On the other hand the capacitors have been aging, the PSU is probably giving out incorrect voltages, and there is no room for upgrade.

hard drive and dvd/cd drive not included

This would mean that it also does not come with a Windows OS. This also makes it not a complete machine, drastically lowering it's value.

Edited by Titan8990, 27 June 2008 - 01:29 AM.

flimsyspork

flimsyspork

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i could keep the 40 gig in there with windows OS, that's if i decide to go with a laptop in my future purchase. that would also mean i could keep the cd/dvd drive in there.

i've had absolutely no problems with this computer what so ever.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If it is a OEM copy of Windows you can't take it with you anyways. Also if it was legit to take with you, you would need to run a repair install at a minimum but I typically recommend a full reformat.