Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Signing on

• Please log in to reply

knowslittle

knowslittle

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have Vista 32...
Lately, I have this thing happen where AOL is signed on twice. It didn't happen until recently and I am concerned.

I have AOL dialup and they boot you off periodically if you aren't active. Ususally it says "Goodbye" and disconnects...once. Lately, it's been doing it twice! I was in another room when it signed off -then I heard it again! I pulled up taskmanager and under my "user" it shows my name but "2" under id's. Or if I do a shutdown with browsers still open, it will say other users are signed on and will lose any data....when I am the only one on the computer and no one has been on it.

This is weird and I was wondering if this has happened to others before? This may not be the right thread to post this on, so I apologize if it is.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hello knowslittle,

I apologize for the late response! :)

However, I'd like you to try something:

Create a new user account (from Control Panel) and sign in to that. From there, see if you experience the same effect of 'Double-Signin'

Let me know what goes on!

Regards,