Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezing

• Please log in to reply

Spencer123

Spencer123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings, I've recently just built my computer (1 week ago) and I have been having problems while playing World of Warcraft.

When I'm playing WoW, about 30 minutes into gameplay, my computer freezes, my monitor is still on, and my computer is still running, but my keyboard / mouse / mic ALL shut off, and I have to hard reboot.

I've also noticed this on Warcraft III, about 30 minutes into gameplay the exact same thing happens, I have to hard boot. It only seems to happen with Blizzard games because I was playing Age of Conan for 3 hours, and my computer did not freeze up.

My computer is not over heating, the temperatures at the time of the shut down is around CPU 19-24°C
and System 30°C. I'm not sure of the graphics card temperature, but like I said before, I was playing Age of Conan on FULL graphics for 3 hours and nothing happened.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. My graphics card drivers are up to date, as well as Windows Vista. Also it sometimes switch my system date.

My computer specs are:
Duo Core 3.16ghz
EAH3870 X2 1GB
4gb DDR3 RAM
ASUS P5E3 Premium

Advertisements