Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIREFOX RUNNING MUCH SLOWER THAN IE 7....WHY? PLEASE HELP?

• Please log in to reply

kjroxxx

kjroxxx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running a desktop Dell Dimension 4700, P4 3.0 Ghz, 3 GB Kingston SDRAM PC 5300 DDR2 667 Mhz, 160 GB HD.

The problem is Firefox 2.04 is slowing down my cpu. The symptons r that whenever I go onto a website that has a busy page (ala EPSN), the page scrolls very slowly frame by frame, slowing down my internet connection, the speed from switching from page 2 page & everything seems 2 be much slower. I couldn't 4 the life of me figure it out because my system seems 2 be clean. My processes rn't outrageous & my cpu usage runs at 0-1% with nothing open & my mem usage runs about 275 MB with nothing open. I will save a Trend Micro Hijack This Log or other logs, when I get a reply. I believe the problem has something 2 do with Firefox settings or whatnot..............I don't have any of these problems when running IE 7. My computer fly's faster than I have ever seen a cpu fly when using IE 7. But I love my Firefox browser & know something is wrong with it? Please help as I see my hair raining down strand by strand?? LOL! Thanx!!!

Edited by kjroxxx, 29 June 2008 - 04:40 AM.

Advertisements