Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Won't Go :( SOS

• Please log in to reply

CLaSH88

CLaSH88

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Alright I think this is the right place to post my problem... MY computer which runs on Xp service pack 2 and is not connected to he net in any way (I'm almost 100% sure it's not a virus) won't start. This problem occured after it froze while playing FlatOut 2. What happens is it gets the to loading windows Logo and progress bar thing and then the moniter comes up No Signal... But when I start it in safe mode it starts fine and everything except obviously in safe mode. Also theres a new message that pops up on intial start up which either I have never noticed before or it was never there before... the message reads:
Realtek RTL8139(A/B/C)/8130/810X RPL BootROM
Press shift-F10 key to change bootstrap selection
Current selection is --int 19h
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and if any extra information is needed just ask
Thank You

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
you should connect to internet and update your video drivers
connect through safemode with net working

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You are having a problem with your Ethernet adapter. The RPL bootrom is a DOS program for accessing floppy drives and hard drives.

http://www.realtek.c...mp;DownTypeID=3

Scroll down to the DOS section to see the driver.

The interrupt is the last one performed by the POST ( power on self test) for hardware.

http://members.tripo...asm_001.12.html

This also has to do with booting in a network. I would try updating your realtek network drivers thru device manager. If that is not possible i would delete the network drivers in device manager and reboot the computer so you can get the found new hardware window. I would also download the correct drivers for the network beforehand. Look at the version in device manager to do this. You can do this in safe mode to delete the ethernet drivers and reboot.

SRX660

CLaSH88

CLaSH88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thanks for your help not being sarcastic, honestly I appreciate your help).. but I did what you said and now it comes up with ntlrd missing press any key to restart and I can't get into safe mode

Edited by CLaSH88, 30 June 2008 - 08:55 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You must have other problems with your computer other than just the one you stated. I was just going by your description of the problem.

So now lets look at the ntldr.

http://www.tinyempir...ldr_missing.htm

Fixes for NTLDR Errors

1. Restart the PC. The NTLDR error could be a fluke.

2. Check your floppy and optical (CD/DVD) drives for media. Often times, the "NTLDR is Missing" error will appear if your PC is trying to boot to a non-bootable floppy disk or CD/DVD.

Note: If you find that this is the cause of your problem and it's happening a lot, you might want to consider changing the boot order in BIOS so the hard drive is listed first.

3. Check the hard drive and other drive settings in BIOS and ensure they are correct. The BIOS configuration tells the computer how to use a drive so incorrect settings can cause problems, including NTLDR errors. There is usually an Auto setting for hard drive and optical drive configurations in BIOS which is usually a safe bet if you're not sure what to do.

4. Restore the NTLDR and ntdetect.com files from the Windows XP CD. Restoring these two important system files from the original Windows XP CD may do the trick.

5. Repair or replace the boot.ini file. This will prevent the NTLDR error if the cause of the problem is a boot.ini file that is not configured properly for your Windows XP installation.

6. Write a new partition boot sector to the Windows XP system partition. If the partition boot sector has become corrupt or isn't properly configured, you may receive the "NTLDR is Missing" error.

7. Repair the Windows XP master boot record. NTLDR error messages may also appear if the master boot record is corrupt.

8. Open your computer's case and ensure that the cable that connects the hard drive to the motherboard is firmly in place. If this does not resolve the issue, try replacing the cable. NTLDR error messages could be caused by loose or malfunctioning IDE cables.

9. Update your motherboard's BIOS. Occasionally, an outdated BIOS version can cause the "NTLDR is Missing" error.

10. Perform a repair installation of Windows XP. This type of installation should replace any missing or corrupt files. Continue troubleshooting if this does not resolve the issue.

11. Perform a clean installation of Windows XP. This type of installation will completely remove Windows XP from your PC and install it again from scratch. While this will almost certainly resolve any NTLDR errors, it is a time consuming process due to the fact that all of your data must be backed up and then later restored.

If you can't gain access to your files to back them up, understand that you will lose them all if you continue with a clean installation of Windows XP.

12. Finally, if all else has failed, including the clean installation from the last step, you're most likely facing a hardware issue with your hard drive. Replace the hard drive and then perform a new installation of Windows XP.

http://pcsupport.abo...drmissingxp.htm

The above website will tell you the process to fix the computer from the above text.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 30 June 2008 - 11:33 AM.

CLaSH88

CLaSH88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Wow thanks for the essay of help, honestly your a legend, I had to go with option 11 (I had already tried some of the others you mentioned prior)
unfortunatly I haven't backup my files recently so they're all gone... or are they, I've installed Pc inspector file recovery 4 and it's found 116 000 lost files, so I restored them to my second drive (as it says to) and they all work fine except they're named after the clusters they were stored in eg. cluster1000068 and they're not in there original folders, so the programs won't work becuase they can't fine the files, is there any other free program or method to restore them to their original name and place